Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend away!!

Well this weekend my DH went away to a festival. So, I took the op to go see my parents. They live about 2 hours away. I loaded the kids up and we were off Saturday morning.. They ordered pizza for din din and we went to play mini golf. Dad is a huge kid and got to do the go karts with my middle son. Mom and I went to get the kids book bags. (thank you Nana) She gets them there book bags for school. Sunday we went to church. This church is the one I got married in, baptised in and holds a special special place in my heart. It was so nice to see some old friends. After that Dad treated us to breakfast along with two other couples they go to breakfast with. The one couple have a son Adam that was injured in Iraq. He is a Marine and is now paralyzed. There faith is strong and the fact that they are not bitter is so incredible to me. I loved hearing about all the cards, letters and prayers there son got.

Nana and I made a few cards and I was getting tired so we headed home. I pulled over once to try to rest I was sooo tired.

Well, that was my weekend. Today is Monday and I took my youngest son to the mall (35 min or so away) We got a lot done. I just have to get him sneakers and a few more pants. I will get some warmer clothes to, but I have time for that.

Oh, well I guess I will post a card tomorrow...

(oh for you moms out there is it hard to buy pants for your boys. gee one store he is a 7 husky one store he can't get into a 10 hellllOooo he is only 6 so why is it so hard to buy pants???)

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hello traveler!!!
Scary story about driving tired... I'm glad you pulled over... yuck!
Oh boy... kid clothes shopping.. we are going to the big city next week... always an adventure, eh?
Glad you are home safe and sound! Wish your church was closer...

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...