Saturday, October 2, 2021

Friends of Unity Blog hop October 2021


Welcome to the friends of Unity blog hop, and Happy Happy World Cardmaking day!   What a great way to celebrate today by getting out some of your beloved supplies and create.  Today I will be making this card LIVE, on the Unity Stamp Co. Facebook page at 4:00p Eastern.   I hope you'll join me!   I will be making two cards.   I'd love to see you there!  Now, lets get to it!  This month we have  A technique driven hop.  I hope some of these inspire you to get out some supplies and play!

Below is the Schedule for Unity's live today, hope you can stop in and visit!






Today I am using a stencil and paste, to show you how to make a fun background for you image.

This is super easy, take two ink pads and smoosh out some ink, go ahead and mix them with texture paste.  I keep the two colors separate, So that you get some swirls and the colors will mix some and that is fine.   



After you mix the two colors go ahead and run them over the stencil using a pallet knife, The colors will mix some and that is fine, you can mix them or add them both randomly I do a little of both.

When your done, your gonna have great color and texture, set that aside to dry as you finish the other elements of your card.   This took about 20 min to dry in 70 degree weather.   Thicker takes longer but it's not to bad, by the time your done with it all its usually dry.   

   That is all their is to it, It does not get much easier than that.   I will say don't freak if a little paste gets under the stencil it's no big deal, I also like to take the same ink and splatter some to break those little smoosh marks up,  Go ahead and color you image, add glitter to your bats and assemble.  Easy Peasy right? 

So, just fyi you can use distress ink with one color and oxide for the other to give a darker lighter look, you can also use sprays.    This is a great way to add texture and color to a background, I really hope if you've not done this before you give it a try, and if you have not done it in a while play around with it.   

That's all I have for you today.   Go ahead and hop along and be sure to share what you create on the show and tell board.  

If you need to start the hop from the beginning go visit Crystal here!

Next on the hop is Rachel you can visit her HERE!

Supply List, Stencil is Simple Stories, Bats are Tim Holtz sizzix covered in Tim Holtz black glitter, Distress oxide Ink, Bristol smooth paper, Ranger Texture paste, Stamp Image is COUNT, from Unity Stamp Co.  Simply colored with Copic Markers. Sentiment is Simon Says Stamp.

  

Thank you for Visiting me today,

Dawn Bryson

21 comments:

rachel duong said...

Ok I am going out and picking up some paste. I have never tried this technique and I can't wait. I would be super excited to watch this in action in a "live"! I have to it is a bit intimidating but now I am ready because of your adorable card!

Glennis F said...

I did not know that you could add colour to the texture paste - that is brilliant!

Wilma DeG said...

Such a cute card! I've used textur paste & inks in mixed media often, but I always forget about using it for cards. Thanks for the inspiration!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Adorable card!! I love the Count... he's a fave for Halloween!

April S said...

I love this card! Ii need to add texture paste now to my stash!

Mary M said...

LOVE your card and super LOVE that stamp you used. I have the whole set of characters. I have to admit I haven't used my embossing paste in years, but I really need to fix that, but I always enjoyed the finished results. So far, this is my favorite technique.

cghundley said...

This is a great way
to use the inks!
Carla from Arizona

Colleen said...

I do love to play with texture paste, it's really fun! And your background is so cute with those bats!

Meg Crawford said...

What a great technique to use for backgrounds! I love the two color approach too. That makes the background really come to life.

Kelsey Thomas said...

Awesome card!

Pauline C said...

Fab card and great technique .. I’m just starting with DO’s and stencils after 3 years away from crafting and I don’t have any texture paste but that may change x

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Great card design. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Joyce Verdon said...

Perfect technique to share…love your spooky card!

Elizabeth Roberts said...

I do like to use embossing paste. It’s been ages though. Great card

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Love your orange paste background and those jack faces are so awesome! Believe it or not I do not own the Count stamp! Will need to get it on my wish list!!

Dawn Fields said...

Amazing card in all its cuteness! Love it! I need to pull out my texture paste. It's been a minute since I've used it.

Melinda014 said...

I don’t know why, but paste scares me. You sure have made it look simple, so maybe it’s time for me to give it a try.

Jan Vint said...

I love that adorable little count and the jack o lantern cutie faces behind him! What an adorable card!

Marcy H. said...

Love your card!

Amy Williams said...

Super cute card and a great technique to share!

Carol Wortman said...

Oh myngoodness what fun! I love a good schmoosh and now a pasty schmoosch is gonna be super fun! Gotta try that, geez why hadn't I thought of that before. Coloring is so cute on drac card!

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...