Tuesday, August 27, 2019

I love fall most of all!

Fall is right around the corner, and with it comes all the beautiful leaves.  I live in the woods and the colors that are around my home can be really great.  I tried to capture the changing colors on this leaf stamp from NEAT AND TANGLED.  I purchased this from Simon Says Stamp HERE  But it is currently out of stock.  You can get notified when it's back in stock.  SSS is good about that.   

For this card I used a piece of white cardstock for the base, I inked the edges with distress ink to match the orange on the sentiment and in the leaf.   I then gold embossed the leaves in gold from brutus monroe.   I did the colored leaf in black embossing. (when water coloring the embossed lines help keep the colors where you want them).   I did this on canson water color paper.   I then took three colors of distress ink and smooshed them on my glass mat ( I absolutely love my glass matt, thanks SUE love you)  then I added it in three sections, and added a little green to random spots like a leaf would have.   Easy peasy.  For the sentiment I inked it and sprayed with water to get the color moving.    This is a great technique for this type of card.

No comments:

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...