Saturday, March 7, 2020

Friends of Unity March hop, Designers choice!!




   Hello, and welcome to the March Friends of Unity blog hop. This month we have a Designers choice.  YAY!

  My first card, I wanted to do something to show you to not be afraid to add some ink to pattern paper.  Pattern paper is typically thin, and does not take a ton of water well, but you can add some dimension with distress ink.   I did some distress oxide on my glass matt and smooshed then dryed it with the ranger heat tool     If it's wrinkly you can run it through your die cut machine to flatten but I've never had a problem.  When doing this type of stuff less is more.   don't go overboard with thinner papers.  I then added a die cut from simon says stamp, and added a little glitter that is honeycomb shaped to the die cut.  I did a close up so you can see it.  Got it at target so dang cute!
  For this card I used Cuddlebug bee and you can find it here!



  This next card is a newer stamp, I love this style it's easy to color, and it's a really nice size.  I colored it with copic markers for the flowers I did r83 and r85 for the cup  I did y15 and y17  I added washi tape to the background, just to add something to the card.  GET THAT WASHI OUT. and use it.   I splatterd the card in gold.  and added a few sequins.  Easy peasy.  This stamp is called  Fresh Start and can be found HERE!  The gold splatters are done with water I did a super quick video on how to do this on you tube and it can be found HERE!  It's for a different card, but if you've not embossed like this with water it will show you how.   if you look close you'll see it on the black matting.   It's not real easy to see on camera on the white.  But IRL, you can see it.



  For my final card, I used a frame to highlight the image.  I just used a type paper in the background to break up the white and striped paper, sometimes, solid colors are a bit much but white on white was not working, so using a neutral kind of breaks things up.   I again just used copics to color the image.  pattern paper and a gina marie die.   This stamp is called hanging Botanicals and can be found HERE!


  Well, that is all I have for you today.  I hope these simple cards, motivate you to get your stamps out and play. 



If you would like to start at the beginning of the hop go visit the amazing Crystal HERE!

next on the hop is the fabulous Robyn and you can find her HERE!

29 comments:

Meg Crawford said...

I like how you layered color and texture on all 3 of your cards. You caught my attention with smooshing as it is a technique I love to use. I haven't used it with patterned paper before so now you have given me a new idea. Thanks!

Jhays said...

I love the little sparkly details on your bee card! Super cute!

Linda said...

All 3 of the cards are so different and so interesting! You have given us all some wonderful ideas! Thanks for sharing!

karen adams said...

Very pretty!

Mary Brown said...

Beautiful creations!!!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Loving your Bee card!! Super cute!

Glennis F said...

Lovely cards, especially the cute bee

Becca Yahrling said...

I love the simple framing of your beautifully colored flowers. Just gorgeous!

cghundley said...

Lovely cards and
great work on them.
Carla from Utah

Andre M. said...

Your focal images really make a statement on these lovely designs! Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

Jill Russell said...

Love all of your cards! The Bee is so cute...

Kelsey Thomas said...

Beautiful cards! :)

SHartl said...

Squeal!! That bee is adorable and I love the hexagon sparklies!

alo said...

Love all of them! I will need to try the background for the bee.

Wilma DeG said...

Love your cards!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

That bee card is awesome! Love how you graded the paper!! : )

Phaline Mays said...

Beautiful coloring on your cards! I love your bee card. Super cute!

Wilma said...

all are nice but I especially like the hanging botanicals one!

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing how you made these pretty cards.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love your bee card... makes me want to ink mine up and play!! Fabulous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am enjoying the details you included on each card- really like the ide of stamping on patterned papers, and the bee is adorable! Your colors are so pretty- and I am looking forward to Spring!!!

Rachel Duong said...

All of your cards are great. I especially love the bee card with the die cut! The black and yellow theme is so energetic and fun!t

Erin said...

Oh!! I love your hanging Botanicals card..so cute.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Amazing cards. Love that cuddlebug and those honeycomb sparkles are perfect. Great tips. Never thought of coloring on patterned paper. I'll have to try that. Your 2nd and 3rd cards are just beautiful. Great coloring and designs. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amber said...


WASHI LOVE! Love both of your designs this month, friend! A little sparkle is always a good thing!

Elizabeth Roberts said...

Beautiful cards. I never think to stamp on pattern paper, but lately I have seen a couple of cards with that technique.

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful cards! Target really does have great finds. I picked up some cool twine there the other day. Love, love, love your bee card. I'm loving the stripes paired with the hanging plant stamp...stunning.

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet cards! Love the bee!

Joyce Verdon said...

Loved all 3 cards... so much work with special details. The bee card is so cute with the sparkly hive die cut! And I love the gold spatter affects in the second card! And the die cuts you used on the 3rd card just enhanced the whole cards. Great job on these!

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...