Saturday, May 2, 2020

May Friends of Unity blog hop!




  This month we have an Angie girl, Challenge.  I absolutely love the Angie girl line.  I feel like the represent so many of us and are perfect for sending cards to our girlfriends.

This first card, has such a great Spring feel to it. Her name is Poppy Girl, I have used her cutting off the flowers too.  For this card I used a nice brick pattern paper that was in my stash. I did simple water color with Zig markers.   I cut her with a Pretty Pink Posh die. I cut that twice to add the blue edge to bring the color of her shirt into the card. Added a few Sequins and done. So, simple and easy. Add a sentiment or leave it blank. 



 As graduation season is right around the corner.   (My heart goes out to those Seniors effected by Covid-19)  I don't buy a lot of graduation stamps, as I don't have really anyone graduating any more, so I bought this set called SENTIMENTS FOR GRADUATES.   This way you have appropriate sentiments and can use whatever stamp goes with the grad.   One of my favorite girls graduates this year, So I wanted something that would reflect her.  I think I nailed it.  I absolutely love how this card turned out.



 What I did to add texture to the background paper, was Added some distress ink in grey around the edge.  I then took a stencil and added a design.   After that I went ahead and added some stars with Nuvo glacier paste in quick silver.  To finish off the card, I went ahead and added a film ribbon from Tim Holtz, and the 2020 from my stash. (sorry It's older I don't have a source)  I colored the image with copics.   For her shirt I flick the ink up leaving that sharp edge for a tie dyed look.  yes her hair is Blue, as the recipients hair is blue.  At least this week.  haha  This Angie girl is called Cierra girl

To see the whole line of Angie girls go HERE!

IF you happened  here on chance and would like to start at the beginning of the hop Go visit CRYSTAL

Next on the hop is Robyn

Thanks for visiting me today,

Dawn

33 comments:

Ava Gavloski said...

Great Unity stamp set. Well showcased

Alaine Tanner said...

Fabulous cards. I love all the details you’ve added.

Kelly Moller said...

I love the Angie Girls so its fun to see this blog hop showcasing them. Your graduation one is great. Never would have thought to use her, but capturing the day that way is great. The colors for poppy girl are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Farrell said...

Beautiful cards!

Erica Messenheimer said...

That graduation card is awesome! I love both your stamp choices. Great job!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

That graduation card is especially awesome Dawn! Thanks for the reminder that any of our Angie girls would make a great grad card with the right sentiment!!

Meg Crawford said...

Both cards are done beautifully! I like how you used the die in the first card twice so that the blue color in the image was highlighted with the blue due edge. Love it!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Loving both cards, Dawn!
Great idea on your grad card!! I never thought to use her that way!! Brilliant!!

Glennis F said...

Great cards Dawn, I love the poppy one ( my only granddaughter's name is Poppy!)

Becca Yahrling said...

What a hard challenge - who can pick only one or two fave Angie Girls?! lol Great cards; love them both.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

OMG!! Dawn, your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the design of the first one...makes me want to pull out Poppy Girl and color!! And your second card is so creative and perfect!! Fabulous!!

Dorothy Green said...

Two wonderful cards! Love the bright red poppies in your first card and your use of neutrals in the second card!

MadeByMeghanK said...

These are amazing! I LOVE the grad card and the way you designed it!

NeeterN said...

Love that graduation card! I too have been eyeing that graduation sentiment set for the same reasons as you! Thanks for sharing!

Salnclts said...

I love both cards! Great idea for the graduation card!

Elizabeth Roberts said...

Great cards, the 2nd one is perfect as a graduation card!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Wonderful cards, my friend! Poppy Girl is one of my faves too! Love your coloring on both cards, the designs, and all details are amazing. I love that die on the edge of Poppy Girl. And love that film strip on Cierra girl. That grad will love her and her blue hair too! Thanks for the inspiration! Be safe, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Liz Williams said...

Love your cards and thoroughly enjoying this bloghop!

It’s a Card Knock Life said...

Beautiful creations! Y’all are so inspiring.

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards. I like your coloring and the backgrounds.

angie blom said...

these are both so beautiful. love them

Dawn Fields said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you used Cierra Girl to make this awesome graduation card. Clever.

Carol Wortman said...

Pretty gals for sure. The detail is in the created mood, just awesome! Is that a tattoo in the split of the pants, and to the selphie... wow almost freudian for the content! Gorgeous. Thanks and please continue to stay safe!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty Angie Girl images and coloring!

Scrappy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for your inspiration.

Joyce Verdon said...

Oh how I love your cards, Dawn! That first card is so simplistically beautiful! But the second card has a rare artistic edge to it that I adore! Super job!

Deena said...

The grad card is stunning. Love your idea of not just making a card with a graduation cap and gown, especially this year.

Natasha V said...

Just amazing! I just love that sentiment about the graduation and tassle! They are both so AWESOME1

Wilma DeG said...

Both of your cards are wonderful! Poppy girl has always been one of my favorites. I really like you hoe made Cierra girl I to a fantastic graduation card!

Katherine Herbert said...

great cards :)

karen adams said...

Great cards

Jean said...

Woinderful cards!

SHartl said...

That graduation card is so fun and your recipient is going to love that you personalized the hair! I also really like Poppy girl with those huge blooms!

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...