Saturday, June 6, 2020

Friends of Unity, June HOP!



  This month we have a great challenge for you, WINGS!   Today, I have two cards to share!


This first Card uses, Forest Butterfly this is a newer Unity stamp.   Butterflies, have special meaning in our family, so anytime Unity comes out with one I'm getting it.

CARD #1




  1.  Color square with distress oxide broken china and spritz with water.
  2.  Stamp image with, versafine clair ink, then clear emboss.
  3. Color image with  Distress ink in, Picked Raspberry
  4. Attach Image with foam tape.
  5. Flick entire card with Pixie Dust (add a little water to a drop or two)
  6. Stamp and die cut sentiment and affix to front
There ya have card one, in no time at all.  For the square of color I did use a stencil, but you can mask off with purple tape as well.   I hope you give this card a go!

This second card uses Hope & Strength, another newer Unity stamp set.


CARD #2


  1. Using both distress oxide and regular distress sprays ink up a background.
  2. stamp dragonflies onto the sprayed panel, and fussy cut the wings.
  3. Ink blend a cloud background
  4. Stamp the dragonflies, and color the eyes and body
  5. attach wings (I meant to pop them up but forgot, so you can do wither)
  6. color up the wings with some pixie dust and DONE!



IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO START FROM THE BEGINNING PLEASE GO VISIT CRYSTAL.!

NEXT ON THE HOP IS THE FABULOUS, KIM!

Have an AMAZING day,

Dawn Bryson

25 comments:

karen adams said...

Beautifully done!

Karren Grayson said...

I love both of the cards but Forrest Butterfly is my favorite. love the colors you chose for the butterfly and the technique used on the Dragonflys wings.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty cards. I love your inky backgrounds; the clouds are lovely!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love butterflies, too! And I love that we both used the dragonfly from Hope & Strength... love your card!

Jhays said...

Those clouds are amazing. I'm going to have to try that out.

Sue D said...

Beautiful butterfly and dragonflies. I like the backgrounds on both.

cghundley said...

Beautiful coloring
on both cards. Love
the first one.
Carla from Utah

Glennis F said...

Love the dragonflies - awesome cards!

Shannon Edwards said...

Oooh, girl. That cloud background is legit! Love your cards!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Beautiful winged creations!

Wilma DeG said...

Beautiful cards, but the dragonflies are breathtaking!!

Phaline Mays said...

LOVE your cards! The butterfly card is perfect, especially for our current time. I Love the blue hues on your dragonfly and your clouds are amazing!

Karen Hoskins said...

Beautiful cards. Love the butterfly. Butterflies are my go to...thanks for sharing.

Natasha V said...

Love these Dawn! Love the added pixie dust too!

Laurie said...

Lovely cards! I especially like the butterfly one. Thanks for sharing.

Lori said...

Both cards are pretty. Those clouds are amazing.

Karenladd said...

I love both of your cards but that dragonfly card is just spectacular! We don't get many dragonflies where I live, but I saw one just the other day.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Butterflies are super special to my family too, since the loss of my little sister, almost 3yrs ago to breast cancer. Great designs on both your cards and lovely stamps. I love learning about backgrounds and these are both amazing. Love those clouds. Just beautiful cards, my friend. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Dawn Fields said...

I love butterflies too! Your cards are beautiful! I love,love,love the background on the second card.

Linda Vigil said...

Both are so beautiful! Thanks for the uplifting share!!!

Joyce Verdon said...

Very pretty cards, Dawn... and your instructions were great!

SHartl said...

These are both so beautiful that I really can't decide which I like best. Thanks for sharing your colorful cards with us.

Elizabeth Roberts said...

Wow, both cards are fantastic. I, like many, like to think when I see a butterfly that my mom is around for a visit. They have become a favorite of mine.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty color combos on your beautiful cards! Love the images you used!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous!! Love the dragonflies!!

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...