Saturday, August 1, 2020

August 2020 Friends of Unity Blog hop!



  Sympathy cards are one of the hardest cards to make.  I always try to make a few a head of time.  I find it extremely hard to make one on the spot when you know a friend or loved one is grieving.   I hope today's cards encourage you to do the same.

  This first card is pet geared, loosing a precious pet can be so very hard, letting someone know your thinking of them in this way can be very comforting.  I went with blue and red as it is for a boy dog, you can easily use pinks to make this for a girl dog.   I simply water colored the images with Karin Markers.   For the sentiment I just water colored the edge so that my blue would match.  Added some hearts and Blue splatters and your done.   Super quick and easy.  The set I used is fur baby love.





Thank you for stopping by, My blog is primarily vacant these days, as I am finding creative time very hard.    I hope you enjoy the hop.

To start at the beginning Go visit CRYSTAL MINKLERS blog.

Next in line is the Amazing KIM!

  See you next month,

Dawn

23 comments:

Meg Crawford said...

I like this card very much! You captured the love for a dog very well.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

I love your card, Dawn! I didn't even think to do a pet sympathy card, but they are needed just as often. Wonderful design and colors too! I hope that you can find more time to get inky soon... I know you miss it. Hugs!

Natasha V said...

So sweet!!!!!!!

Cindy Holmes said...

AWWWWWWW this is such a special pet sympathy card! I really love your coloring too!

Glennis F said...

Such a lovely thought to send a pet sympathy card, yours is lovely

Bobbie Sue McConathy said...

Such a wonderful pet sympathy card. I never realized the impact having a pet can have on one, until I recently got my Jovie. Sending you big hugs and lots of crafting vibes.♥️U

RojoDracona said...

Lovely card. Love the colors

Becca Yahrling said...

This is so lovely! I love a stamped all over design like this as well as the color combo.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So lovely

Carol said...

Aww,We just lost a beloved pet. So timely!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Very sweet card, Dawn

It’s a Card Knock Life said...

So much inspiration going here! Really beautifully done!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Just precious and heartfelt, my friend! Great idea to include pet sympathy cards too! Those are just as thoughtful. Great colors and design. Thanks for all you do and your hubby as "essential" workers. {hugs} Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawn Fields said...

Dawn, this card is so sweet. I really love the design. I think it's pretty cool that we used the same set. Great minds think alike!

Wilma DeG said...

Loved your card... I was looking for another pet sympathy idea.

Carol Wortman said...

So sweet. It is impossible to look at a sympathy card for a pet and not tear up. I love the designs and need to remember to add a little more color to my pet cards. So sad and so sweet!

Doreen said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card for a pet parent. I find it so difficult to create sympathy cards ahead of time, but I am finding alot of inspiration in this blog hop. Thank you.
- Doreen @ whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Such a sweet pup sympathy card! I hope you find more creative time soon. So often life gets in the way of allowing us time to do what we love.

Linda Vigil said...

So sweet! You are right, making in advance is probably the smartest idea for sympathy cards. Hugs.

Beth said...

I love that Unity set... pet sympathy cards are so special! Love your design!

Kelsey Thomas said...

Beautiful card!

Tami Rose said...

This is a lovely card. Pet parents count, too!

Sue D said...

Sweet pet sympathy card design.

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...