Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I remember.....

I will never ever ever forget September 11, 2001. I was at work when I first heard about what was happening. One of our patients was in the waiting room about to cry, His son was in NYC. Another patient rushed in wanting to know what was happening her two nephews worked there also. For me living just a few hours from NYC, it seems like so many people I knew were effected. Once of my closest friends lived there. Her dad worked below the trade center. My mom (who lives here now) was not far from where those heroic men and women brought that plane down. I will never ever ever forget that day.

My son who was then in the 5th grade, was sitting watching everything with me. I let him see it, I was not sure if I should. He turned to me and asked, if those were people falling from the tower..(we were watching footage from earlier). I said yes Kenny they are. I am crying, because, I have never seen my son cry for another life before. It was so heart wrenching to see him learn the fate of those remembered men & women.

I felt the pain of these people for weeks and weeks after everything was said and done. I still feel the grief of those who were there. I am not sure those images will ever leave my head. I have never gone back to see ground zero. To be honest I am afraid to. I am afraid to hear and feel that any closer than I do now. I am not sure that I can every fully express the pain I felt. I wish I could hug every single person that survived or had someone lost. I wish I could tell them that after all the pain there is still a God that loves them. I wish they new how Jesus wept that day, like the rest of us. We saw true evil on September 11. I believe that they were complete evil. I hope no other family member will be effected by this type of evil. I know that every day one of our soldiers is killed. I know that Innocent people are being hurt. I hate it. I hate it more than you know.

I pray for all those affected by September 11..

Today I remember.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

(((hug)))

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Peace be with you my dear friend... I am way over here, on the other side of the continent, and even though I will never forget that day as well, wanting to just hold my two babies (they were 2 & 3 at the time) and praying that my husband was ok (he was gone on a trip) I will never carry the same grief as you or others from the heart of the epicenter on the East coast.
In God's Name.

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...