Thursday, February 7, 2008

Doing a little better....Ya'll

Last night went a little better. We went to visit Erica & Elizabeth Dawn, yesterday. When I hold her I just melt. I got a little sad knowing she won't know me very well. I wrapped her up tight and held her till she fell asleep. She was so cozy and she was looking at me and really felt like she knew me. Maybee we are connected. Erica made me laugh saying I should stay with Elizabeth Dawn so that I could get her to sleep.

They are on thier way home today. I feel a lot better. Last night I had a normal meal & actually got some sleep. My mom and I did a lot of cleaning. Her more than me....BUT, I did the cat mess so, were even...lol

I am looking forward to spending some time with my sister and the baby today and tomorrow. I have not had much of a chance to be with her. I know the trip was more to take care of things then visit, but I have missed my sister sooo much. I know that her home is here and that is okay. Just wish I were able to travel here more often.

I guess when my parents move here I will have to come every summer. I guess you get used to it. With my inlaws moving away and now the rest of my family. It's gonna just be me & dh with the kidlets. I am okay with that. Being out here made me realize that my home is in NJ. When I first moved there You would have never heard me say that. I missed pa so much.

Well, can't wait to tell you about my night witht the baby.....

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Dawn,
My favorite little sister lives in Missouri and I live in Oregon.. very far apart.. but my kidlets know their auntie Paula very well! They can tell I am talking to her on the phone because I snort and laugh and have to run to the bathroom! She sends them sweet cards and gifts... they get to talk on the phone... My kids have been to St. Louis 2x in the 9 years we have lived here, and my sis has been here 2x... It can be done... If you and your sister are in close contact, your kids will be too!
xo

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations Auntie Dawn, Elizabeth is a beautiful baby!
My sister Linda will be visiting me from England this Sunday, I haven't seen her for three years.
I suppose they are the challenges life gives us. Have a safe journey home ya'll!

Sandy said...

Awwww *hugs*...don't worry, your lil niece can get to know you as you visit. I don't see my nieces very often but they're the apples of my eye (well except when the teen gets herself in a world o trouble, lol). I know what its like being far from family, so if ya need a shoulder, you know where I am! Love you.

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...