Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cards for heroes fundraiser!


You are invited to a cards for heroes party!


When: February 28, 2009


Time: 1-4






So, you want to know what cards for heroes is. It's a great organization started by Sandy Allnock, out of her desire to help our troop write home to their families. See, there is no Hallmark in Iraq. I know in this day and age our troops can email etc. But, as YOU know there is nothing like getting a HANDMADE card in the mail, an I miss you, a happy birthday. Nothing like it in the world. I am so honored to have been able to donate to this fantastic cause.


So far, Sandy, and her shipping pose has mailed out 95,447 handmade cards. Costing them a total of $4,183.03. A lot of Sandy's own money has helped mail these cards. A lot were also donations. What My goal is to make at least 100 cards. I am also hoping everyone can donate a few dollars to help in shipping. My goal would be 100 dollars.


If your not able to stop in and help make cards and would like to donate to this great cause you can do one of two things. You can drop off a check (made out to cards for heroes) to one little spark, or you can visit the site and follow the instructions using pay pal. (well, you could mail her a check too)


I have been very busy making card bases, scoring and cutting. I'm going to bring a bunch of stamps and supplies, if you can please bring scissors and adhesive, and any miss you stamps or thinking of you stamps you may have. (I don't have many of that type)


One other thing I will have is any hero cards ready for letter to be written and tucked into the boxes, if you would like to send a little note of thanks to the troops this is the time to do it!


Please join me in the effort to make as many cards and raise as much money as possible. I made over 300 just in case we get a lot of people. (hint-hint)


If you can come for the whole time or just a half hour please do so, every little bit helps!


If your able to make it please drop me a line or let Pat, know so I can be prepared!



*****IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DROP OFF ANY PREMADE CARDS TO THE SHOP PLEASE DO SO BEFORE THE 28TH, SO I CAN SHIP IT ALL AT ONCE!******


No comments:

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...