Sunday, April 22, 2018

a little hello.


It's been a hot minute.   I will be super real here, I was sick, very sick for a long time.   I finally got help.  I was diagnosed with severe depression.   I now take meds to help fight it and feel like a human again.  it was a very hard time in my life.  I stopped making cards.  I hid from my family and friends.   I didn't think I was sick because I was on anti depressants so it could not be that right?? wrong.   if you or someone you loves is in a depression there is help out there.   I had no idea how sick I was until I got better.  It does get better.

  So, now that I am creating cards again I thought I'd revive this very old blog of mine.   Its way out of date and may take me a bit to figure out how to revive it.   IF your here and you used to visit me welcome back...if your new howdy.

  The last blog was from 2012 and my last entry was 2013....was I really sick that long...geesh I wish I could tell my self back then that there is hope.

Well let's see where this thing goes!

This card was fun.   Background with distess oxides stamp is UNITYSTAMPCO.com

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Kathi said...

Fabulous card!

I'm glad that you've jump-started your blog, are feeling better, and enjoying things again!

Dorothy Green said...

Dawn I had no idea you had been battling with depression. Thanks for being so real with your struggle. I am glad that you are feeling better and that you are card making. I especially appreciate how you ask all of us Unies what we are up to on the weekend. It is a lovely point of connection. May the Lord Bless and keep you!! ( BTW I do love this card!!! )

Denise S. said...

Glad you are feeling well enough to create again. Your blog looks fine. I really prefer a more simple blog so that I can easily seee what is there. Nice card.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Hey girl!! So glad you’re feeling better and reviving your blog!! I’m super excited for you! And I can’t love this card more... you know I love it!

Phaline Mays said...

So glad that you are in a better place again. Depression is so difficult to battle and even more difficult to admit. Getting back into life, into crafts and hobbies, and just into laughing again...that's an amazing place to be. Sending you *Hugs* ... Welcome back!
--Phaline Mays

Carole P said...

Thanks for your honesty and forthrightness. We truly never know the battles and struggles others are dealing with. I'm so happy to see you blogging again. Please continue to post links on the Unity site. It's the only way I'll look at blog posts. I love your card. She was one of the first Angie girls I purchased.

Jhays said...

So glad that you are winning your battle...we all have a battle, just different ones, that we are fighting. Keep creating, keep blogging and keep believing! Prayers for continued healing and growth. Depression is real. People who have never had it find it harder to understand. I had postpartum depression after my 1st son and it was one tough battle. Seemed like forever before I was able to crawl and claw my way out of that deep dark hole. But...I did...and you have too! Prayers!

liannallama said...

Hugs. I'm glad you're making cards again. This one is so cute.

Donna Nuce said...

So nice you are back to creating and blogging again! Welcome back!

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...