Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another long annoying post!!

I know I know, I need to post some happy pics and stuff. I will I will...

Today, I am having brain ache.. I have to make a choice and I am up in the air about what to do! I have a 2000 ford windstar minivan. When I got it three years ago the price was set and deal was made between the dealer and my farther in law. I thought it was all good. Now come to find out, it's not paid off and I owe another 4 grand.. WHAT, you said three years of payments...grrrr.

Anyway, it's got some repairs that are needed and 100,000 miles almost on it. So, do I give it back to the dealer and get a smaller car that is better on gas, or keep it sink money into it.

I found a Subaru outback legacy for sale, it's got about 60,000 miles and is in good condition. I know its' better on gas than my van, but can I afford a bit bigger payment? I know I'll be saving on gas etc...but geesh another 5 years of payments, or 4 not sure yet, did not work out that info.

It's one of those things, I can't figure out, Dh & I are struggling with money and bills etc. But, it's smaller, I usually am the only one in the van these days. Kids are getting older and family trips are usually me and the two little boys.

They have one other car. It's my dream car. I have all my life since, I was a little girl, wanted a vw bug, and they have one. It's sooo cute, but it's a manual tranny, and I don't know how to drive that. darn it. next car maybe... lol

Any adivice is more than welcome. and if you have some money sitting around and your not sure what to do with it. I'll send you my addy...LOL LOL LOL


dawn

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hi sweet girl!
OK, here are some thoughts:

I bought my car used with 75,000 miles... It now has 225,000 and I am 'going for' 250,000. I think a vehicle is worth it's weight in gold if it drives safely, has AC, all kids are in, has 4WD and a v8 (that is my world) and I can load a 6' table in the back! ... My rig gets 18 mpg at the low end and I mainly use it for 'work'...
It has had it's share of repairs, (remember my CA trip???) but if you like your vehicle just get it fixed...it is cheaper than a new one...
If the van is truly too big for you , then downsize to a rig that has more miles than the one you found - it will cost you less! In today's economy, you are in the driver's seat.

Ethel Amutan said...

Dawn, I would say that since gas prices are going to keep climbing, I would trade in your van for a vehicle that is more fuel efficient and hopefully, won't cost you that much more after you've traded it in. I agree with Andi that if you're the only person who tends to ride in your vehicle than it's more wise to downsize to a smaller car (one that is more fuel-efficient than what you currently have). Good luck! I can imagine that this is not an easy decision.

Sandy said...

I'm showing up late, did you decide what to do yet?

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...