Friday, August 8, 2008

Join the green community!

This past Saturday, at church (We have church in our home) My middle son, invited a few friends. We asked them something that they would like to see done in the community. One young boy said " I would like to see part of our beach cleaned up, you know by the ferry" well, Don't I just love to hear that. SO, we will be cleaning up part of the beach in the next week or so. I really love that kids are getting it!

I wanted to give you some sites, from the book Go Green, Live Rich. Enjoy!

www.earthdaynetwork.org green events, earth day info

www.meetup.com search green living to find your local stuff.

www.ecotreadsetter.com community for the enviroment.


Take the time to see if your church, community group or neighborhood, would like to go clean up a local park, lake or whatever. You'll have fun, spend time with people, and do something to improve the Earth...

2 comments:

Sandy said...

What an awesome young man with that kind of thinking---you go girl, clean up that beach! (Come post before and after pics and inspire us!)

Ethel Amutan said...

This is so wonderful to read! Isn't it terrific that our children truly understand the importance of environmental responsibility? I'm so glad your community is getting together to do this important job.

December 2022 Friends of Unity Blog Hop

Hello, Hello, Hello and welcome to the Friends of Unity Blog hop.  I hope this season finds you full of the magical joys of Christmas.   I a...